In Psalm 15, David asks God a question – how do we get on your guest list? How do we get invited to a banquet at your place?
God’s advice is very clear cut and very applicable to our lives as well:
- Walk straight – and no God’s not talking about sobriety tests or any other thing – when He says, “Walk straight” then He is talking about living the kind of life that the Bible calls for.
- Tell the truth. Enough said.
- Don’t hurt your friend. Hard to do but important.
- Don’t blame your neighbor – more on that later – but it seems like there is a lot of that going on in America today.
- Despise the despicable – if it’s despicable, stay away from it.
- Keep your word, even when it costs you. Ouch, that’s harder to do than it is to say.
- Make an honest living.
- Never take a bribe.
Now I ask you, how many of the struggles that we currently face in America are because people aren’t following these guidelines?